If you’ve experienced a dry hit while vaping, there’s no mistaking it. Whatever you have in your vaporizer, it is a very unpleasant sensation. If you haven’t, consider yourself lucky and read on to learn how to avoid dry hits altogether.
Perhaps you are a new vapor or are considering trying an electronic cigarette. If this is the case, you need to be knowledgeable about dry hits. This occurs when your vaporizer tank is completely empty of e-liquid. Because there is no liquid, the atomizer burns the wick.
Dry hits are bad for your health, cause your throat to feel as if it’s being scraped and create an incredibly dry feeling in the esophagus and lungs.
You can avoid dry hits by taking a few important steps.
- Keep your heating coil moist. To accomplish this, avoid chain and/or power vaping.
- Turn down the voltage.
- Take slower and longer drags and consider giving your e-cig a break.
- Monitor the amount of e-liquid you have in your e-cig. Keep your extra liquid on hand so that you can add more when needed.
- Purchase a high quality electronic cigarette.
- If dry hits continue to occur after following the advice above, consider adjusting the amount of VG in your e-liquid. Vegetable glycerin is very thick and can take a while to absorb into the wick. You can dilute it with distilled water or switch to an e-liquid with more PG, a thinner substance that is absorbed easier and more quickly by an electronic cigarette’s wick.
If you are considering an alternative to traditional smoking, vaping may be a great option for you. Understanding dry hits and how to take care of your e-cig can help make for a much more enjoyable experience!